What Happened Today in History?
Find out what happened on 25th April in History. There are a lot many happenings which had taken place on this date in the pages of Indian History, here we have listed some of the very important events occurred on 25th April.
Famous Birthdays in History on this day:
- Karan Razdan (born 25 April 1961) is an Indian actor, writer and director, who work for Bollywood. He is famous for directing films with controversial themes like Girlfriend (2004), Souten: The Other Woman (2006).
- Varadarajan ( 25 April 1912), also known as Mu. Va. and Varatharasanar, was a Tamil scholar, author and academic from Tamil Nadu, India. He was a prolific writer whose published works include 13 novels, 6 plays, 2 short story collections, 11 essay anthologies, a book on the history of Tamil literature.
- Dinesh D’Souza (born April 25, 1961) is an Indian American conservative political commentator, public intellectual, author, and Christian apologist who is currently the President of The King’s College in New York City.
Death anniversaries on 25th April:
- Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan (1902 – 25 April 1968) was a Hindustani classical vocalist, from the Patiala Gharana. Bade Ghulam Ali was born in Kasur, then in the Punjab province in British India.
- Devika or Prameela Devi (1943 – 25 April 2002) was a popular Tamil and Telugu actress. She is regarded as a versatile and graceful heroine of her era. She was known for her natural beauty which was the key in her casting in mythological films like Karnan, thiruvilaiyadal. Her notable films are Sumaithangi, Nenjil oru Aalayam and Marakka Mudiyuma.
- 1976-India all out for 97 vs West Indies because five men absent hurt.
- 1982-India’s first telecast colour broadcasting started on Doordarshan.
- 1998- India protests against Pakistan raising the Kashmir issue at the first SAARC Information Ministers conference in Dhaka.
- 1993-Indian Airlines plane hijacker shot dead by commando’s. All 141 persons rescued.