What Happened Today In History?
Find out what happened on 25th June in History. There are a lot many happenings which had taken place on this date in the pages of Indian History, here we have listed some of the very important events occurred on 25th June.
Famous Birthdays in History on this day:
- Karisma Kapoor (born on 25 June 1974), often informally referred to as Lolo, is an Indian actress appearing in Bollywood films. Born into a family where her parents, Randhir Kapoor and Babita, were actors, Kapoor made her acting debut at the age of seventeen with Prem Qaidi in 1991.
- Aftab Shivadasani (Hindi: आफ़ताब शिवदसानी, born 25 June 1978) is an Indian actor who appears in Bollywood films. He started as a child actor in commercials and has performed in over 40 films. He also co-wrote and helped produce the film Aao Wish Karein. He started his career as a child artist in the movie Mr. India.
- Satish Ravilal Shah (Gujarati સતીશ શાહ) is a Hindi and Marathi film and television actor best known for his comedy films. He is perhaps best known for his roles in the ever popular 80’s sitcom Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi directed by Kundan Shah and Manjul Sinha.
Death anniversaries on 25th June:
- Yash Johar (6 September 1929 – 26 June 2004) Birth name Anand Raj Johar was an Indian Bollywood film producer. He founded Dharma Productions in 1976 and made Hindi films that were noted for featuring lavish sets and exotic locations, but upheld Indian traditions and family values. Johar began his career in Bollywood in 1952 in Sunil Dutt’s production house Ajanta Arts.
- Jahanara Imam (Bengali: জাহানারা ইমাম) (May 3, 1929—June 26, 1994) was a Bangladeshi writer and political activist. She is most widely remembered for her efforts to bring those accused of committing war crimes in the Bangladesh Liberation War to trial.
- 1932, India played its first official test match at the Lord’s Cricket Ground, London.
- 1947, 1st edition of the The Diary Of A Young Girl also known as The Diary of Anne Frank got published.