What Happened Today In History?
Find out what happened on 26th June in History. There are a lot many happenings which had taken place on this date in the pages of Indian History, here we have listed some of the very important events occurred on 26th June.
Famous Birthdays in History on this day:
- Arjun Kapoor (born 26 June 1985) is an Indian actor who appears in Hindi films. Before his acting debut wih Ishaqzaade (2012) he has also been assistant producer and assistant director of few films. Kapoor was born in Chembur, Mumbai to Indian film producer, Boney Kapoor and Mona Shourie Kapoor ,He is the grandson of filmmaker Surinder Kapoor.
- Shahaji II(also known as Rajarshi Shahu) (26 June 1874 – 6 May 1922) was the first Maharaja of the Indian princely state of Kolhapur, ruling from 1894 to 1922. Shahu was born on 26 July 1874 as Yeshwantrao Ghatge, eldest son of jaishinghrao Ghatge, chief of Kagal (senior) by his wife Radhabai, a daughter of the Raja of Mudhol. He was adopted by Anandibai, widow of Raja Shivaji IV, in March 1884.
Death anniversaries on 26th June:
- Adoor Pankajam (1925 – 26 June 2010) was an Indian actress, in Malayalam movies. She hailed from Adoor in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala state. Mainly, she was a supporting actress, and a comedian. Her sister Adoor Bhavani was also a Malayalam cinema actress. Pankajam’s most noted performance was in the national award winning film Chemmeen as Nalla Pennu.
- Eknath Dhondu ‘Ekki’ Solkar pronunciation (help·info) (March 18, 1948 in Mumbai – June 26, 2005 in Mumbai) was an Indian all-round cricketer who played 27 Tests and seven One Day Internationals for his country. He was born in Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, and died in the same city at the age of 57.
- International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- World Drug Abuse Day.