TELUGU LANGUAGE DAY
- Telugu Language Day – 29 August.
- Significance – Birth anniversary of Telugu poet “Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy”.
- Why in news – Indian postal department launched a special postal stamp on the occasion of telugu day.
Gobardhan in AP
- It would be implemented as a pilot project in 4 districts of AP – Krishna, Anantapuram, Kurnool and Chittor.
- Gobardhan was launched to ensure cleanliness in villages by converting bio-waste including cattle waste, kitchen leftovers, crop residue and market waste to improve the lives of villagers. This will provide economic and resource benefits to farmers and households.
- Gobardhan will benefit rural people in general and women in particular from the use of clean fuel, improved cleanliness in villages and through improvement in health. This initiative will support biodegradable waste recovery and conversion of waste into resources, reduction of GHG emission, reduction in import of crude oil, give boost to entrepreneurship and promote organic farming.
Cancer rises in AP
- The data of 2018 – 2020 were produced in Rajyasabha.
- 2,06,677 people suffered cancer since past three years – all over India.
- 1,13,190 of 2,06,677 – 54% died because of cancer in AP.
- Annually 1500 cancer cases increasing in AP.
- In India – 13,92,179 cancer cases were registered durin 2020 (Deaths due to cancer – 7,70,230).
Y.V. SUBBAREDDY – TTD CHAIRMAN AGAIN
- ON August 8th Govt. Of AP released gazette notification appointing Y.V Subbareddy as TTD chairman for the second term.
Postal department special postal cover – Chintapalli police station attack
- On the occasion of 99 years of the chintapalli police station attack (Visakhapatnam) by Alluri Sitarama Raju.
- The postal cover was released on the same historical place of chintapalli by Paderu MLA Bhagyalakshmi.
- Mirapakaya Tapa – during the attack on police station dried chilli was used for information transfer through bow and arrows. Information written on piece of paper was fixed into the dried Chilli.
Postal cover on Atreyapuram putharekulu
- Indian Postal department released postal cover on Athreyapuram putarekulu.
- Athreyapuram puthareku – Famous local sweet of East Godavari district (Paper Sweet).
- Application seeking geographical indication tag for the famous paper sweet was filed, but did not get yet.
TRICOR gets ISO recognition
- Tribal welfare department tribal Cooperative Finance Corporation Limited got ISO recognition for the third year in a row.
- HYM international company of Hyderabad has conducted audit in TRICOR office.
- It awarded ISO certification keeping in view the quality in services provided and good governance along with proper policy.
President gave approval for two important bills
- In December 2020 session the state legislative assembly has passed bills related to state SC commission and AP electricity duty bill.
- Andhra Pradesh state Commission for Scheduled Tribes bill – it enables the government to set up a separate Commission each for scheduled castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- A separate Commission for SCs will help safeguard their interests.
- Government sanctioned a medical college which is proposed to be set up at Paderu of Visakhapatnam district.
- A plan to set up Super Specialty Hospital in tribal areas and make ambulances available in tribal areas are one of the prime focus plans of govt.
- Dam rehabilitation and improvement project – DRIP.
- DRIP program was started in April 2012 with the financial assistance of World Bank.
- The main objective of this program was to improve the safety and working performance of selected existing dams.
- The first phase of the program has been implemented and now the second phase has been taken up.
- The ministry of Jal Shakti has initiated phase 2 of DRIP scheme.
- Phase 2 of this scheme is being financed by World Bank and Asian infrastructure investment bank.
- Funding – Centre: state – 70:30 (Special category states 80:30).
- 736 irrigation projects are being Repaired with 10,211 crore rupees throughout the nation.
- As a part of this particular scheme 5 projects from AP which are more than 100 years old are being repaired.