Prakasam barrage – water aerodrome
- Sea plane service between Kevadiya & Sabarmati river front in Gujarat was a successful venture.
- Keeping in view the success of this, union govt. had the view to set up 14 more aerodromes throughout the nation.
- Under RCS UDAN scheme 14 water aerodromes are being set up.
- Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) was launched as a Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS)under the Ministry of Civil Aviation in 2016.
- One such water aerodrome is proposed to be set up at – Prakasam Barrage of AP.
- Prakasam Barrage lies across River Krishna.
- It was constructed during 1954 to 1957.
November Assembly Session
- Decision to repeal the legislations to create three capitals for Andhra Pradesh.
- Withdrawal of decision to abolish the state legislative council on the grounds of putting an end to the uncertainty and ambiguity in the state legislature.
- Article 169 – Parliament may by law provide for the abolition of the Legislative Council of a State having such a Council or for the creation of such a Council in a State having no such Council, if the Legislative Assembly of the State passes a resolution to that effect by a majority of the total membership of the Assembly and by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members of the Assembly present and voting.
- FRBM Amendment act.
- Total 22 bills were passed in assembly.
New Chairman – AP State legislative council
- Sri Koyye Moshenu Raju.
Train – Brahmastra
- It is the longest train.
- Specially set up for coal transport.
- Total 234 wagons – 2.709 kms length.
- Travels from Vijayawada to Talcheru (Odisha).
- Additional info. – Brahmadiha coal mine of Jharkhand allocated to APMDC for commercial purposes.
AP Revenue deficit rising – uncontrolled – CAG report
- Estimated revenue deficit according to 2021-22 budget – Rs. 5000.06 Cr.
- CAG Findings – By September 2021 (first 6 months) revenue deficit increased to Rs.33,140.62 Cr.
- Revenue deficit increased by 662.80 %.
- 2020-21 year – revenue deficit estimated was Rs. 18,434.15 Cr. But actual revenue deficit was Rs. 45.472.77 Cr.
- Capital expenditure 2021-22 – estimated was Rs. 31,198.38 Cr.
- In the first 6 months capital expenditure shown was only 21% of what was estimated – Rs. 6711.60Cr.
- Capital expenditure is vital for the development. AP is lagging behind in this aspect.