Exports research center in Visakhapatnam
- It is a sub unit of EIC – Export inspection council.
- Established in Green industrial park – Anandapuram – Visakhapatnam.
- Food quality testing lab and chemical analysis labs have been setup in this research center.
- With this facility exporters don’t need to approach long distance located labs.
3 new industrial clusters in AP
- Andhra Pradesh government declared that the food processing cluster will be developed in three areas in order to encourage exports in food processing sector.
- Agriculture minister Kanna Babu made it clear that the government is giving preference to agriculture and allied sector.
- Agriculture minister noted that in terms of corn, mango, sweet Orange, turmeric, milk, eggs and meat – Andhra Pradesh stands on 4th position.
- For reducing the transport cost government has provided Kisan trains from Chittoor railway station to transport milk, fish, mangoes.
New chief secretary of Andhra Pradesh – Sameer Sharma
- Sameer Sharma belongs to 1985 batch IAS cadre.
- The ex chief secretary Adityanath Das retired on September 30th.
- Earlier he held the office of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs as director general and CEO.
New financial affairs adviser for Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnish Kumar.
- Andhra Pradesh state government has appointed Rajnish Kumar who belongs to Gurgaon.
- He has been given the status of cabinet minister.
- Rajnish Kumar is having expertise in project finance and heavy financial loan management and retail banking in Canada and UK.
Swatch Sarvekshan in AP
- Swatch sarvekshan to be conducted in 379 villages of AP.
- Swachh Survekshan is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns across India. It was launched as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- The objective of the survey was to encourage large-scale citizen participation, ensure sustainability of initiatives taken towards garbage-free and open defecation-free cities, provide credible outcomes, which would be validated by third party certification and institutionalise existing systems through online processes, creating awareness among all sections of society about the importance of working together to make towns and cities more habitable and sustainable.
1124 crore rupees incentives for industries in AP
- On 3rd September government of Andhra Pradesh announced incentives to MSMMEs, textile industries, Spinning Mills.
- Rs 440 crores for Micro, small & medium Enterprises.
- Rs 684 crore for textile industry.
- YSR jagananna Mega industrial hub – it will be established in Kopparty in an area of 3155 acres to attract 25000 crore rupees Investments.
- YSR electronics manufacturing cluster proposed in Kopparty – with an estimated cost of 730.50 crores in an area of 801 acres.
- Under YSR navodayam 3236.52 Cr loans of 1.08 lakh MSMEs were rescheduled.
- Government also proposed shipyards at Bavanapadu, Machilipatnam and Ramayapatnam with 13000 crore rupees.
World Coconut Day
- Celebrated on 1st September.
- Coconut plantation as a part of agriculture is very famous in Andhra Pradesh also.
- Coconuts are grown in an area of 2.80 lakh acres in Andhra Pradesh.
- In terms of production – East and West Godavari district stands first, followed by Srikakulam and Visakhapatnam.
- In both Godavari districts the coconuts are grown in an area of two lakh acres.
- The most commonly grown coconut in Andhra Pradesh is the domestic variety called East Coast Tall.
- Most widely grown coconut variety in Andhra Pradesh is East Coast tall.
- The most famous coconut variety of Andhra Pradesh is Godavari Ganga variety.
- The Godavari Ganga variety gives tough competition to the world famous coconut varieties – the Sri Lanka’s King coconut and Thailand’s aromatic coconut.
Daikin AC manufacturing unit in Sri City
- Japanese air conditioner manufacturing unit Daikin will establish a unit in 75 acres at Sri city of Andhra Pradesh.
- This is the third manufacturing unit of the concerned company.
- Production in the unit will begin in 2023.
- This will provide employment opportunities to 3,000 youngsters.