Q) The 3rd edition of Khelo India Youth Games were held in January 2020 in which city?
Q) Which famous theatre Personality from Assam who had introduced street plays in Assam in 1971passed away recently?
- Biswa Gogoi
- Himanta Sen Gupta
- Ratna Ojha
- Shomnath Deb
Q) Which bank provided a loan of USD 88 million for Assam Inland Water Transport Project?
- Asian Development Bank
- World Bank
- New Development Bank
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Q) Which rebel organization of Assam signed a tripartite agreement with the central government and Assam state to suspend operations?
- All Bodo Students Union
- Bodo Liberation Tigers
- Kamtapur Liberation Organisation
- National Democratic Front of Bodoland
Q) Which renowned Assamese Linguist who wrote the path-breaking book “An Introduction to Assamese Phonology” passed away recently?
- Gunabhiram Barua
- Golok Chandra Goswami
- Susanta Dash
- Bimala Prasad Chaliha
Q) Assam’s tableau bagged the 1st prize at the Republic Day parade on 26 January 2020, Which of these was showcased on the tableau?
- Firework craft of Barpeta
- Bhortal Nritya
- Muga silk industry
- Bihu Festival
- Eminent Assamese litterateur Sashi Sarma passed away
- He authored nearly 100 books.
- He was retired professor of Nalbari College
- His last book was titled ‘Antim Jatra’ in 2019
- Sarma had received the Soviet Nehru Award in 1968 and the Sitanath Brahma Chowdhury Award.
Q) The Assam Rifles constructed a combined war memorial in which state recently?
Q) As per the survey by which organisation, Assam emerged as the top state in terms of best practices followed in budget formulation?
- NITI Aayog
- Transparency International
- World Economic Forum
Q) Who was appointed as the Chairman of the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC)?
- Pallab Bhattacharya
- Anupam Roy
- Abhay Kapoor
- Umesh Sinha
- Assam Finance Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma launched Gyan Deepika Scholarship as announced in Budget 2019-20 at Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalashetra in Guwahati on February 12.
- Under the ‘Gyan Deepika Scholarship’, it shall provide subsidy of 700/month for 10 months through Direct Bank Transfers (DBT) on dues to 13414 hostel students of government colleges and state universities.
- Hindustan Paper Corporation (HPC) Scholarship Scheme will also b e provided to the students whose parents are currently employed in Hindustan Paper Corporation’s units at Pachgram and Jagi Road of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- North East Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020
- Jointly organised by NITI Aayog, North Eastern Council, Government of Assam and Tata Trusts, this conclave aimed at identifying solutions as well as accelerators for the implementation of SDGs in the North Eastern Region (NER).
- It was held at the Assam Administrative Staff College in Guwahati from 24-26 February 2020.
- The three-day conclave was supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS).
Q) Which town has become the first ‘zero waste town’ of Assam?
- Swachh Survekshan 2020, conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Silchar secured an all India rank of 340 in the cleanest city category while emerging as the cleanest city in Assam.
- This is followed by Dibrugarh with an over all ranking of 353, Guwahati at 356 and Nagaon at 358.
- Assam – winner of the Fastest Mover State in an overall category of Best Performing States.
- In the Northeast zone under the category of 50,000 to 1 lakh population category,
- Assam clinched all the spots.
- The city of Tezpur won the best city via the feedback of citizens.
- Jorhat won the cleanest city in the Northeast zone and Diphu clinched the title of ‘Fastest Mover’.
- Sivasagar won the best city in ‘Innovation and Best practices’ criteria while Karimganj clinched the best ‘Self Sustainable City’.
- Under the 25,000 to 50,000 population category, Hailakandi won the Best City in ‘Innovation & Best practices,’ while Silapathar clinched the ‘Fastest Mover’ City.’
- Assam was able to get another spot in the below 25,000 population category where Lakhimpur clinched the ‘Fastest Mover’s City.’
Q) Athlete Hima Das was appointed as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) by the government of Assam, she is also known by what name?
- Guwahati Mail
- Nagaon Bullet
- Dhing Express
- Payyoli Express
- The Assam government decided to construct as many as 33 stadiums in the state under ‘Uttaran’ scheme.
- 300 Crore is to be spent for the project of building the stadiums across the state.
- The government will also provide a financial assistance of 50 thousand rupees to one thousand players and a grant of Rs. 75000 to 2500 clubs.
- The state also announced that 500 playgrounds are being developed at the rural areas of the state to encourage talented youth to take part in sports.
Q) Carissa kopilii which was recently discovered in Assam is a species of __________?
- Carissa kopilii is threatened by the very river it is named after — Kopili in central Assam.
- Reasons: a hydroelectric project on the river and water turned acidic because of coal mining in Meghalaya upstream.
- Thousands of PIGS died in eastern Assam of classical swine fever
- It is a viral disease, also known as hog cholera
- Assam has the most farmed pigs in the country according to the 20th livestock census from 2012-2019.
- The 8 north-eastern States with Assam at its core consume more than 65% of the 4.26 lakh metric tonnes of pork produced in the country.
- Assam government launched a new scheme called “Dhanwantari” for home delivery of medicines.
- The patients can send their prescriptions over the telephone or inform the health workers and the health department will ensure that it is delivered to them even if it is not in the list of available free medicines.
- The patients will not be charged if it is less than Rs 200 but if it is more than that, it will be charged. ASHA Health workers will deliver medicines for patients.
Q) The government has announced how much as the life insurance cover to journalists if they died reporting during the Covid-19 outbreak?
- ₹ 10 lakh
- ₹ 20 lakh
- ₹ 50 lakh
- ₹ 50 lakh