- to forecast or predict (something future) from present indications or signs; prophesy.
- to foretoken; presage:
- to make a forecast; prophesy.
- Tending to shake or tremble.
- Trembling; tremulous.
- Liable to break down or give way; insecure; not to be depended
- leadership or predominant influence exercised by one nation over others, as in a confederation.
- leadership; predominance.
- to expand by stretching, as something hollow or elastic:
- to spread in all directions; expand; swell:
- a sudden and violent change of feeling or response in sentiment, taste, etc.
- the act of drawing something back or away.
- the fact of being so drawn.