1) The ratio of the quantity of milk in container A and E is 44:35, respectively. The ratio of milk and water in container E is 1:1 respectively. What would be the difference between the total quantity of milk in the 2 containers combined and the total quantity of water in the 2 containers combined?
a) 4200 litres b) 1250 litres c) 3500 litres d) 1200 litres e) None of the above
2) Ratio of the quantity of milk and water in tanks Q, R, S and T was 2:1, 1:1, 4:1 and 2:3, respectively. The total quantity of water in the 4 tanks combined was what percentage of total quantity of milk in the 4 tanks combined?
3) The ratio of milk and water in container A and E is 11:4 and 1:1, respectively and in tank P is 3:2, respectively. Entire mixture of tank P and containers A and E are put into a drum. How much milk should be added so that the ratio of milk and water in the drum becomes 548:351, respectively?
a) 400 litres
b) 225 litres
d) 175 litres
e) None of these
4) The ratio of quantity of milk and water in container C and container D was 4:1 and 1:4, respectively. ‘x’% of mixture is transferred from container C to container D and then the ratio of quantity of milk and water in container D becomes 8:27, respectively. Find the value of x.
e)None of the above
5) A cylindrical tank has radius and height in the ratio of 1:7, respectively. The curved surface area of the cylinder is 176 m2. If the entire quantity from tank P, tank T and container B is put into this cylindrical tank, then what percentage of this cylindrical tank would still be empty?