- Vansda National Park 1979 – Navsari district Blackbuck (Velavadar) NP 1976 – Bhavnagar District
- Gir NP 1975 – Gir Somnath + Amreli + Junagarh Marine (Gulf of Kachchh) NP – Dwarka district
- Gujarat Govt Announces CNG Sahbhagi Yojana with an aim To Add New 300 CNG Pumps In Next 2 Years
- Another feather added in the cap of Gujarat. Gujarat got Food Safety And Standards Authority Of India (FSSAI) prestigious Award for its State Food Safety Index (SFSI).
- IndianOil , Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) will be laying the world’s longest LPG pipeline, from Kandla (Gujarat) to Gorakhpur (UP).
- 2,757-km cross-country pipeline will connect three major States — Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
- A new system of marking attendance using face recognition technology kicked into place for primary school teachers in Gujarat on September 5.
- The app is optimised with an intelligent algorithm that will record facial features of the teachers at the time of the registration
- Acharya Devvrat – New Governor of Gujarat
- Vikram Sarabhai – Library of IIMA receives ‘Award of Distinction’ by UNESCO
- Vikram Nath – sworn in as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court
- Gujarat state government has announced that the State will have over 30 GW of renewable energy by 2022
- India’s target 175 GW of renewable energy – 2022
- Dilip Parikh – Former CM of Gujarat passed away
- Mr Dilip Parikh served as the 13th Chief Minister of Gujarat between October 1997 and March 1998 when he was with the Rashtriya Janata Party (RJP), floated by Shankersinh Vaghela, who had split the BJP.
- Mr Parikh’s government was supported by the Congress.
- Cleanest Railway station in Gujarat
- Udhna station – 16th
- Surat station – 18th
- The Government of India launched the first ever common foundation course called “Aarambh” for civil servants at the Statue of Unity, Kevadia, Gujarat
World’s first CNG port terminal
- Gujarat government has given its approval to a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) terminal facility at Bhavnagar port
On October 25, 2019
- Gandhinagar first district in Gujarat to become kerosene-free
- 1st in India – Chandigarh
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
General elections Record
- The BJP’s CR Patil defeated his Congress rival in Gujarat’s Navsari Lok Sabha seat by a difference of 6.89 lakh votes — the highest in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls
- Amit Shah – Gandhinagar – Minister of Home Affairs
- S Jaishankar Rajya Sabha (Gujarat) Minister of External Affairs
- Mansukh Mandaviya Rajya Sabha (Gujarat) Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Shipping; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Parshottam Rupala Rajya Sabha (Gujarat) Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- National Rail University – set up in Vadodara, Gujarat
- Gujarat – 1st state to implement 10% quota to EWS (Economically Weaker sections)
- PM Modi inaugurated the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Medical Sciences and Research a super specialty hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- In January 2019, PM Modi unveiled a statue of Dr Vikram Sarabhai, the father of Indian space programme at Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad
- PM Modi inaugurated L&T’s K9 Vajra gun-making facility complex in Hazira near Surat, Gujarat
- PM Modi laid foundation stone of Nirali Cancer Hospital at Navsari District of Gujarat
- PM Modi unveiled the National Salt Satyagraha Memorial at Dandi Village
- PM Modi inaugurated super speciality Hospital named “Rasilaben Sevantilal Shah Venus Hospital” in Surat, Gujarat.
- New AIIMS – Rajkot in Gujarat
- PM Modi launched PM Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The scheme will provide Rs.3000 monthly pension to the employees of unorganized sector after 60 years of age.
- PM Modi laid foundation stone of Vishva Umiyadham Complex at Jaspur, Ahmedabad.
- (Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar, Gujarat, ) in collaboration with National Mental Health Program, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Gujarat has developed a mobile application called as ‘Conquer Exam, Be a Warrior’ for students to reduce the exam pressure.
- Gujarat – foundation day – 1st May
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani inaugurated the new Dinosaur Museum-cum-Park at Raiyoli village in Balasinor town of Mahisagar district.
- India & Portugal to set up National Maritime Heritage Museum in Lothal
- ‘Fashionova’, India’s first Design Development Centre launched in Surat, Gujarat
- Vahali Dikri Yojana has been introduced by Gujarat State Government in favor of improving Girls Birth Ratio
- Gujarat was ranked first in the installation of rooftop solar projects in India 3rd in SARAL Index
- Gujarat – India’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology (CICET) at Vatva, Ahmedabad or Surat.
- CIPET: Another campus, Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology(CIPET) is to be set up in Valsad, Gujarat
- Gujarat topped in NITI Aayog Report on ‘Composite Water Management Index 2019
- Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express will be run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism
- Gujarat has launched India’s 1st trading program called “Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)” in Surat, Gujarat
- NTPC will set up a 5GW (gigawatt) India’s biggest solar national park in Kutch, Gujarat
- For the 1st time, Gujarat govt signed a sister state MoU with American state Delaware & New Jersey
- Ahmedabad – Kobe (Japan) sister city agreement
- 2nd edition – Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) index Topped by Gujarat
- PM Modi inaugurated ‘Garvi Gujarat’, the second state bhawan of the Gujarat government in New Delhi, first eco-friendly state bhavan.
- The scientists from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research’s (CSIR)- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in Hyderabad, for the first time sequenced the entire genome of Asiatic lion.
- Shops and Businesses in Gujarat can now remain Open 24X7
- Hasmukh Adhia Appointed as Chancellor of Gujarat Central University
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has set a new world record.
- Modern Artificial Limbs (Legs) implantation in Gujarat’s Bharuch. The implantation was carried out for 260 people in record 8 hours.
- The government of Gujarat has launched the second edition of the water conservation scheme Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan.