The Indian Air Force has issued an AFCAT (01/2022) recruitment notice for the Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. For courses beginning in January 2023, NCC offers a special entry. Candidates who are interested in the details of the vacancy and have met all of the eligibility requirements can read the notification and apply online.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 01-12-2021
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 30-12-2021
- Starting Date of Training: First Week of Jan 2023
- Date of Online Examination: 12 to 14-02-2022
- For AFCAT entry: Rs. 250/-
- For NCC Special Entry: Nil
- Payment Mode: By using Debit, Credit, Net Banking, E Challan
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2023)
- For Flying Branch:
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 24 Years
- Candidates born between 02-01-1999 to 01-01-2003 (both dates inclusive)
- For Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch:
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 26 Years
- Candidates born between 02-01-1997 to 01-01-2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Total vacancy: 317
- Flying Branch: SSC- 77
- Ground Duty (Technical)
- AE(L):PC-19, SSC-76
- AE(M):PC-07, SSC-27
- Ground Duty (Non -Technical)
- Admin : PC-10, SSC-41
- Accts : PC- 04, SSC-17
- Lgs: PC – 08, SSC – 31
- Flying:10% seats out of CDSE vacanciesfor PC and 10% seats out of AFCATvacancies for SSC
Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% in each of Math and Physics at the 10+2 level, as well as a Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) or a BE/B Tech degree, or have passed Section A and B of the Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers (India) or the Aeronautical Society of India in relevant engineering disciplines (Relevant Subjects).
AFCAT Syllabus 2022
- English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- General Awareness – History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Candidates interested in joining the Indian Air Force through the AFCAT Exam should review the entire selection process here. There are three stages of the AFCAT Exam–
- Written Examination
- AFSB Interview
- Document Verification
How to Apply?
- On the Home page, click “CANDIDATE LOGIN” to get to AFCAT. Sign-in
- Applicants should click “NOT YET REGISTERED?” on the next page. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.”
- Become a member: Login ID will be created, and the applicant will get a password to his or her registered email address.
- Sign in with your registered email address and a password provided by the system when you’ve completed the registration process.
- Log-Out – Reset Password (candidates must remember their login ID and password for future use during the examination process).
- Login for the first time.
- Selection of Entry: “AFCAT”; “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING BRANCH”.
- Click “INSTRUCTIONS”. Read Instructions carefully.
- Select “INSTRUCTIONS” from the drop-down menu. Pay close attention to the instructions.
- Check the box to proceed to the next stage after acknowledging that you have read and understood the instructions.
- SELECT “APPLICATION FORM FILLING” from the drop-down menu.
- Make an online payment by clicking “MAKE PAYMENT” (applicable only for AFCAT)
- To see if your payment was successful, click “PAYMENT STATUS.” The presence of a Registration Number indicates that the payment was successful.