- Recently, the Tamil Nadu government has released a policy specifically aimed at ensuring the well-being of children across a range of indices such as health, nutrition, and access to schooling.
- The government said the policy aims “to create a bright future for its children, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals” for them.
TN – Already ahead of national average
Vision & Mission
- Life, Survival, Health & Nutrition
- High priority to investing in first 1000 days of children
- Address key issues of feticide, child mortality and morbidity
- Strengthen public health system & strengthening anganwadis
- Continuous improvement in neo-natal care delivery and child health
- Timely interventions & complete vaccination
- Encourage and support focused behavior change at household level
- Facilitation of the holistic development of children
- Provision of a safe, secure learning setting that ensures the physical, mental and emotional safety and well-being of the child.
- Access to a formal school within their neighbourhood for all children
- Increased access to free, equitable, inclusive and quality education in safe schools
- Foster equal opportunity, treatment and participation
- Prioritization of access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) & Digital education to all children that is safe, enjoyable and age appropriate.
- Strengthen and sustain community based mechanisms to protect children from all forms of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, neglect, denial and online), discrimination, exploitation, violence etc.
- Zero Tolerance to any form of violence against children
- Introduce and adopt child protection policy in all panchayats and urban bodies
- Form Internal Complaints Committee in all schools
- Strengthen existing child protection systems
- Awareness campaigns on all forms of violence against children
- Ensuring that children are apprised of their rights
- Promote linkages and strengthen platforms for children to express their opinions and needs
- Promote and strengthen respect for the views of the child, especially those of girl children
- Building a strong partnership with CSOs, INGOs / NGOs, Networks, Corporates and Academic institutions
- Creation of Bala Sabhas in all Gram Panchayats