- The Intelligence Bureau (IB) is India’s internal intelligence agency
- It is under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- ACIO II – Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (Grade II/Executive)
- Training – 3 phase training
- Conditions can be tough – Remote area posting
- Training is not easy – physical activity + academics
- Good salary- Rs.70,OOO+
- 4600 GP – Level VII acc to 7th CPC
- SSA – 20% of basic
- Peaceful job**
- Good pay
- Interesting work profile
- Dealing with variety of issues
- Promotions are less and slow.
- No guns to wield
- Posting all over India
- Cleared the IB ACIO II exam of 2014 (held in 2015)
- Called for training in 2017 (Yes it can take time!)
- Did not join due to some personal reasons.
- Based on the combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and interview, the candidates would be short listed for final selection.
- Even if your tier I and tier II did not go as well as you expected, you have a great opportunity for improving your score
- Be on time
*The waiting period can be long – eat something before you go!
- How to speak?
- LANGUAGE – Medium of the interview!?
What Questions can you expect?
- Your Background – educational and professional
- Why do you want to join IB?
- What can YOU bring to the organization?
- Security related questions
- Current Affairs related questions
- Can you survive the harsh conditions of posting in remote areas?
- Language skills
- Gap between jobs/after graduation
*Honesty is the best policy
- Separatist groups in North east
- Militancy in Kashmir, ARTICLE 370, 35A
- LWE –Naxalism
- Security forces and agencies – their mandate, details
- Be well versed with at least 1 year current affairs
- Study IQ
- DAILY CA
- Best 300
- Best 500