(Set – 14)
A total of twelve people are sitting in two different rows. In each row three people are facing
north and three people are facing south; A person in row 1, who is facing towards south is exactly
facing the person sitting in row 2 i.e., the person sitting in row 2 must be facing towards north.
And a person in row 1, who is facing towards north, is exactly facing opposite to the person
sitting in row 2 i.e., the person sitting in row 2 must be facing towards south. In row 1, A, B, C, D,
E and F are sitting and in row 2, M, N, X, P, L and R are sitting, not necessarily in the same order.
• X and P are adjacent to each other and neither of them is sitting at the extreme ends.
• A is sitting third to the right of B but neither of them sit at any of the extreme end.
• Both A and B are facing in the same direction.
• M sits opposite to the one who is sitting second to the left of C.
• N is sitting third to the right of the person whose back is facing E’s back
• Immediate neighbors of N are facing opposite to N.
• More than one person is sitting between P and R.
• F is sitting at the extreme end of the row and is to the immediate right of the person facing R.
• X is not the immediate neighbor of either M or L.
• C is sitting exactly between A and D, and A is facing R.
• C is facing in the same direction as F is facing.
Twelve friends – A, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z went to watch a movie in a theater that has
rows A-N (in sequence) with six seats per row. Row A is the closest to the screen. The group completely
occupied rows F and G and all they faced the screen. There are five girls and seven boys in
this group but none of the girls occupies the corner seats. It is also known that:
1) A, P, W and Z occupy the corner seats.
2) U is to the immediate left of P and opposite R. However, U can see R but R cannot see U.
3) X is second to the left of W and third to the right of A.
4) V is to the right of Z and opposite Q.
5) Y, who is opposite S, is the neighbor of A.
6) In row F, the girls have occupied the third and fifth
seats from the left In row G, U is the only girl sitting opposite
to a girl.
7) There are three girls in row G.