TIME, DISTANCE AND SPEED (Set – 8)
1) A person is supposed to reach at station Y before the train reaches. Station Y is 12 km from his house. When the train is 18 km away from station Y he left the house, and started heading towards station Y on bike. Original average speed of the bike is 40 km/h which is reduced by 25% due to high traffic. The speed of the train is also reduced due to fog, the train and the person reach at the station Y at the same time. Find the time taken by train at its reduced speed to cover the distance between station Y and station Z, which is 30 km away from station Y.
- a) 30 min b) 45 min c) 40 min d) 60 min e) 50 min
2) Vinay and Saurav started their journeys from A towards E simultaneously and reached E at the same time but the paths by which they travelled are different. Path of Saurav is A-B-C-D-E and path of Vinay is A-C- E and length of BC is halt the length of CD. If the speed of Saurav is 40 km/hr, then what will be the speed of Vinay?
- a) 30√2 b) 10√2 c) 20√2 d) 40√2 e) None of these
3) Raman is moving behind Aman at a distance of 384 km in same direction. The speeds of Raman and Aman are (4x -70) km/hr and (x + 8) km/hr, respectively and speed of Raman is greater than the speed of Aman. If Aman travels at half of its original speed, then Raman would meet Aman in 16 hours. What was the difference between the original speeds of Raman and Aman?
- a) 16 km/hr b) 6 km/hr c) 14 km/hr d) 10 km/hr e) None of these
4) Two trains are running on parallel tracks in the same direction. A passenger of slower train observes that the faster train coming from behind overtakes and crosses him sitting in the train completely in 54 seconds. Whereas a passenger on the faster train marks that he crosses the slower train in 45 seconds. If the speeds of the trains are in the ratio 2 : 3 respectively, length of the faster train is what percent of the length of the slower train?
- a) 120% b) 100% c) 100% d) 130% e) None of these
5) Train X starts from Lucknow at 07:15 a.m. for Varanasi at a speed of 80 km/hr, while train Y starts from Varanasi towards at 08:00 a.m. at the speed of ‘y’ km/hr. Distance between Varanasi and Lucknow is 1240 km and when the two trains meet ratio of the distance travelled by train X to train Y is 37:25, respectively. Find the approximate value of ‘y’.
- a) 55.45 km/hr b) 68.68 km/hr c) 66.5 km/hr d) 58.82 km/hr e) None of these
6) It takes 8 hours to travels 600 km partly by a train and partly by car, if he travels 120 km by train and the rest by car. He takes 20 min more if he travels 200 km by train and the rest by car. Find the speed of the train in km/h.
- a) 60 kmph b) 45 kmph c) 50 kmph d) 55 kmph e) None of these