TIME & WORK (Set – 8)
1) A, B and C individually can do a work in 40 days, 16 days and 28 days, respectively. A and B start the work but after 8 days, B leaves the work and C joins. After 2 days of when C joins, A also leaves the work. C alone does the work for next three days and leaves the work. Find the remaining part of the work to be completed?
- a) 1/10 b) 2/3 c) 13/14 d) 1/14 B e) 3/28
2) Four employees A, B, C, and D are assigned to do a project. A can complete the project in 30 hours while A and B together can complete the project in 24 hours. All the four employees together can complete the project in 6 hours and efficiency of C is twice the net efficiency of A and B together. In how much time B and D together can complete the project?
- a) 25 days b) 24 days c) 18 days d) 20 days e) 15 days
3) A contractor hired 3 men and 7 boys to finish a work in 10 days. If he hires 4 men and 6 boys then the work can be finished in 8 days. If contractor now hired one man, one boy and one women to finish the work while knowing that 20 women can finish the work in 5 days itself then in how much time work will be?
- a) 20 Days b) 18 Days c) 25 Days d) 20 Days e) None of these
4) Meet and Ramesh can finish a work while working alone in 20 and 30 days respectively. If they start working together then every 2nd day both will work at half of their efficiency. In such a way they worked for 8 days and then Meera alone finished the remaining work in 3 days. How much time will Meera take to finish the complete work while working alone?
- a) 9 days b) 8 days c) 6 days d) 12 days e) None of these
5) A tank is connected with three inlet pipes P, Q and R. Time taken by pipes P and Q together to fill the tank is 6 hours less than the time taken by pipe R alone to fill the same tank. Pipe P is 50% more efficient than pipe Q. Together they can fill the tank in 13 hours 20 minutes, then find the time taken by pipe R (> 3 hour) to fill the tank alone.
- a) 24 hours b) 30 hours c) 20 hours d) 36 hours e) None of these
6) 2 inlet pipes A and B and an outlet pipe C is connected to a tank Time taken by pipes A and C together to till the tank is 500% more than the time taken all the pipes together. While time taken by pipes B and C together to till the tank is 200% more than the time taken all the pipes together. Pipe C alone can empty the tank in 20 minutes, then find the time taken by pipes A and B together to fill the tank.
- a) 20/3 minutes b) 20 minutes c) 40/3 minutes d) 10/3 minutes e) None of these
7) Six similar inlet pipes and ‘x’ similar outlet pipes can fill a tank in 45 minutes. The efficiency of each inlet pipe is 50% more than the efficiency of each outlet pipe. If pipe A individually can fill the same tank in 54 minutes and the efficiency of one inlet pipe is 30% of the efficiency of pipe A, then find the value of ‘x’.
- a) 5 b) 4 c) 3 d) 2 e) None of these
8) A, B and C can individually can complete the task in 12, 15 and 10 days respectively. A started the work and worked for ‘x’ days and then left the work. B then started the work and worked for (x + 2) days and then both A and C joined B to complete the remaining work in 5/3 days. Find the value of ‘x’
a) 2 days b) 3 days c) 2.5 days d) 4 days e) None of these