- Notification released for
- UPSC CSE 2020 And Indian Forest Service (IFoS) 2020
- Last date to apply is 3rdMarch 2020, 6PM
- Prelim date – 31st May 2020, Sunday.
- 2017 – 980
- 2018 – 780
- 2019 – 896
- 2020 – 796
- Mains ~10,500
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’. (xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- The exclusive UPSC exam for the new Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS) will be first conducted in 2021.
- For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service and the Indian Police Service, A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:—
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
Age and Attempt limit
- Minimum – 21
- Maximum – 32
- Age is counted on 1stAugust of 2020.
- He/She must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1999
- *The date of birth, accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate .
What is counted as an attempt?
- If you applied in previous CSE exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- If attendance is sheet was signed even in one paper, attempt is counted .
Disabilities – eligibility for various services
- The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in the notification.
- Please read them carefully.
- The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- **Candidates from last semester can apply.
- “Detailed application form” to appear in UPSC Mains exam.
- With this form, you have to submit scanned copies of your graduation Certificate or final year mark sheet.
Pattern of Exam
- No change in syllabus or pattern
- No change in Optional subject scheme
- Preliminary stage
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID).
- You must preserve RID because you will have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or any other reason) then when downloading hall ticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
- Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or those serving under the Public Enterprises are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Any certificates to be submitted with application form?
- Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes/ Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Benchmark Disability etc.
- These will be verified at the time of the Main examination
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
Eligibility criteria for EWS quota
- Candidate’s annual family income must be less than Rs 8 lakhs per annum.
- His/her family must not own more than 5 acres of agriculture land.
- The residential flat area should be below 1000 sq ft.
- The residential plot’s area should be below 100 square yards if in a notified municipality sector.
- The residential plot’s area should be below 200 square yards if in a non-notified municipality sector
- Those who are already benefiting from education and job reservations under the social backwardness criteria are NOT eligible