- Tika Utsav failed to give a boost to India’s vaccination drive ‘Tika Utsav’, or a vaccine festival, between April 11 and 14 Reasons – Vaccine shortage
- At present, Serum Institute of India produces 70 million to 100 million doses of Covishield per month
- Bharat Biotech makes 12 million doses of Covaxin per month. Every week, this gives new stock of only around 25 million
- Official vaccination data till 17 April showed that 26 crore doses have been registered so far, which is less than 9 per cent of the India’s population
- India’s slow vaccination rate is among the worst in the world
- At the top are Israel, the US and Bahrain where 61.73, 38.72 and 34.78 per cent of the population respectively have been administered at least one dose.